Personal cultivation (growing cannabis for personal use) is permitted within dwelling units within New Westminster, provided:
- Compliance with all Federal and Provincial regulations including (but not limited to):
- Not more than four plants;
- Plants must not be visible from public spaces off of the property;
- Not permitted in homes used as day-cares; and,
- All required permits are obtained.
- Does not include processing, manufacturing or retail sale of cannabis; and
- For multiple unit buildings, is located within a dwelling unit and not in common areas of the property.
Stratas and landlords have the ability to prohibit the cultivation of cannabis. For further information, refer to the Strata Property Act, the British Columbia Cannabis Webpage, or consult your landlord or strata representative.