New West Wi-Fi
Welcome to the City of New Westminster Wi-Fi Network!
The City of New Westminster offers free WiFi at the following locations:
- Anvil Centre
- Canada Games Pool
- Centennial Community Centre
- Century House / Youth Centre
- City Hall
- Irving House
- Massey Theatre
- Moody Park Arena
- Moody Park Pool
- Queensborough Community Centre
- Queens Park Arena
- Limited areas outside in Moody Park
- A limited amount of outdoor WiFi around Queens Park
- A limited amount of outdoor WiFi at Westminster Pier Park
- A limited amount of outdoor WiFi in the Uptown area
Wireless Acceptable Use Policy
The terms and conditions of accessing the wireless network are:
- Wireless access is provided as a public service free of charge on an "as is" basis with no guarantee and no warranty.
- Information passing through the City of New Westminster’s Public Wireless access is not secured and could be monitored, captured, or altered by others.
- It is your sole responsibility to protect your information from all risks associated with using the Internet, including any damage, loss, or theft that may occur as a result of your use of the City of New Westminster’s Public wireless access.
- City of New Westminster staff are not able to provide technical assistance and assume no responsibility for laptop configurations, security or changes to data files resulting from connection to the City of New Westminster’s Public network.
- The City of New Westminster assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment; users must keep their equipment with them at all times.
- In using this free Internet access, you agree and hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless, the City of New Westminster, its officers and employees, and any affiliate, from any damage that may result from use of this wireless access.
- While using this wireless access, you acknowledge that you are subject to, and agree to abide by all laws, and all rules and regulations of the City of New Westminster, the Province of British Columbia, and the federal government that is applicable to Internet use.
- For quality assurance purposes, City of New Westminster reserves the right to:
- Block internet services such as Peer-to-Peer and streaming video services
- Monitor usage of City Public Wireless
- Limit bandwidth
- Take any additional measures deemed necessary by City of New Westminster in its sole discretion
- As part of monitoring usage of our network, information about your device is collected and stored in the cloud. By using the system you have consented to the collection and use of this information under section 26 (c), 32 (a), 33.1(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Irving House