For all properties, a Development Permit and/or Building Permit may be required. For protected heritage properties, a Heritage Alteration Permit may be required.
Heritage Alteration Permit may be required for retrofits that affect the exterior appearance of the property, structures or any protected interior features. If you are planning retrofits for a building listed on the Heritage Register, located in the Queen’s Park Heritage Conservation Area or protected by a Heritage Designation bylaw or a covenant, contact the Planning Division to confirm review and permit requirements.