Welcoming and Inclusive New Westminster
The City has taken a leadership role in the coordination of settlement services in New Westminster. More specifically, the City chairs the Welcoming and Inclusive New Westminster (WINS) Local Immigration Partnership Council, while providing support for its various action teams and activities.
The Council, with funding support from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, has:
- prepared an Inventory of Settlement Services
- developed a Five-Year Strategic Plan
- developed a Local Settlement Strategy
- conducted research and planning in support of a Welcome and Integration Centre
- hosted bridging events with newcomers