No Tree Declaration

If there are no protected tree(s) on or off site within the Critical Root Zone (dripline +1m or DBH x6 which ever is greater) within proximity of the construction zone, then you will need to submit a No Tree Declaration Application.

This tree permit applies to interior renovations, drain tile work, oil tank removal, or for properties with construction and no trees. A tree permit triggers all other development service permits, so regardless of whether or not there are trees on the property you’ll still need to submit an application and receive City Arborist approval. No Tree Declarations don't take as long to review as other permits and are typically expedited.

Click here for more information on oil tank removal criteria.

Supporting Documentation

  • Tree Bylaw and Regulation Department