WHAT THIS MEANS FOR APPLICANTS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
The proposed Refresh will allow City staff to better address those policy gaps and concerns raised by applicants and community members by providing clear direction in processing HRAs.
The new policy would:
- Refine the development incentives available
- Outline requirements for heritage protection and restoration
- Define the community benefits provided through an HRA
- Update the policy to today’s standards and priorities
- Maintain the strong and long-standing policy framework that currently exists
- Build on lessons learned from close to 40 small-scale HRAs completed in the past ten years, and
- Address the project goals (see section below).