The initial four-part inventory was created in the 1980's and updated in the 1990's:
- Volume 1: Downtown
- Volume 2: Queens Park, Uptown, Brow of the Hill
- Volume 2 (Supplement): Albert Crescent
- Volume 3: Sapperton, Victory Heights, Queensborough, Connaught Heights, West End, Kelvin and Glenbrooke
In 2003, the Twelfth Street Heritage Inventory was created (note: partial document available).
In 2009 and 2010, properties in Queensborough were added:
- Queensborough Residential Heritage Inventory
- Queensborough Industrial Heritage Inventory
- Star Shipyard Heritage Assessment
The Inventory is also searchable through the Heritage Inventory Interactive Map.
A property listed on the Inventory is not legally protected. If a property is legally protected, the protection will be listed on Title, which is available through the BC Land Title and Survey Authority. The City’s online map, where you can download a public site report, will also note heritage protection. Legal protection of a property from demolition or unsympathetic alterations can be achieved through a variety of heritage planning tools. Click here to learn more.